Reporting Changes in Ownership to Medicare
Providers must update their enrollment information to reflect changes in ownership within 30 days. Owners are individuals or corporations with a 5 percent or more ownership or controlling interest.
Failure to comply could result in revocation of your Medicare billing privileges.
- Medicare: Vulnerabilities Related to Provider Enrollment and Ownership Disclosure OIG Report, May 2016
- Timely Reporting of Provider Enrollment Information Changes MLN Matters® Article
- Updated Manual Guidelines for Electronic Funds Transfer Payments and Change of Ownership MLN Matters Article
- 42 CFR 424.516
- PECOS Enrollment Tutorial – Change of Information for an Individual Provider
- PECOS Enrollment Tutorial – Change of Information for an Organization/Supplier